My favorite part about the All-Star Game has always been seeing the use of insane star-studded lineups of players that are usually competing against each other. The only other time we can see a mix and match of the NBA’s top talent like this is during the Olympics. I’d love to see the following lineups on the floor in tonight’s NBA All-Star Game.
I might love the East starting lineup the most with that Melo-George-LeBron front court, but here are some other looks I’d want to see.
- John Wall, Dwyane Wade, DeMar DeRozan, Paul George, LeBron James
In transition this might be the East’s best lineup with Wall at the helm and DeRozan on the wing. LeBron-at-the-5 lineups are guaranteed.
- Kyle Lowry, Isaiah Thomas, John Wall, Carmelo Anthony, Andre Drummond
A three-guard set like this is fast and dynamic with an extra scorer in Carmelo and rim-running from Drummond.
- Isaiah Thomas, John Wall, LeBron James, Paul Millsap, Pau Gasol
This might be the East’s craftiest/best passing lineup in the half court.
This is where things can get really freaky.
- Chris Paul, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Anthony Davis
There’s simply nothing this lineup can’t do, especially on the offensive end.
- Stephen Curry, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Kawhi Leonard, LaMarcus Aldridge
The firepower of Curry-Russ-Harden speaks for itself. I like Kawhi as the glue and round it out with LaMarcus.
- Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, DeMarcus Cousins
With the KD to Golden State chatter as of late, we should at least see what it looks like.
Catch the 2016 NBA All-Star Game tonight at 8:00 PM EST on TNT.